Here are some interesting links that relate to the tour I gave Saturday, April 2nd here at the Arboretum
- History of Orchard Culture in California
- Story on Canary Island Grape -the so called 'Mission Grape'
- California Wine History
- Citrus Industry in California -A History
- Los Angeles Agriculture - Agriculture and Natural Resources Blogs
- What Grape Was Grown By the Mission Padres?
- THE CITRUS LABEL GALLERY -Hundreds of Labels Collected By Members of the Citrus Label Society ﾠ
- Label Showing Santa Anita Racetrack and Sierra Madre
Fruit Growers Associations
- California Rare Fruit Growers, Inc.
- Fresh Fruit-Healthy Recipes: Sunkist Citrus Oranges, Lemons
- California Avocados Commision
- Almond Growers | Almond Board of California
- California Walnut Growers
- California Canning Peach Association
- California Raisin Marketing Board
- Western Growers
- California, Arizona, & Texas Citrus
- Citrus Research Board
- L.E. Cooke Company -Their site is a treasure trove of information)
- Dwarf Citrus Trees, Meyer Lemon, Kieffer Lime, Oranges – Order Online – Four Winds Growers (These are the growers that first developed dwarf citrus along with UCR)
- Durling Nursery Inc (No Website, but follow this link for phone # and call; they'll e-mail you their availability)
- La Verne Nursery