Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (Various Cities)
Other City Lawn Replacement Programs
City of Los Angeles
RESIDENTIAL CUSTOMERS: For the residential turf replacement rebate program, all applications must be submitted online through the SoCal Water$mart website. Effective November 1, 2014, LADWP's single family residential program provides $3.75 per square foot for the first 1,500 square feet, and $2.00 per square foot thereafter with no cap for replacing turf with water wise landscaping features.
● Rebate up to $4,50/square foot when you replace lawn with sustainable landscaping. Program conditions and eligibility have changed. New Program Details
Rebates start at:
● $80/controller for less than 1 acre of landscape
● $35/station for more than 1 acre of landscape
● Large Cistern Rebate: up to $2,000 each (max 2) and must be 500 gallons or more
● Small Cistern Rebate: up to $500 each (max 4) and must be 200 to 499 gallons
● Rain Barrel Rebate: up to $200 each (max 8 barrels) and must be less than 200 gallons
● Up to $40 per downspout (no max).